Hi,

Simple and Profound!

Genesis 17:1 "When Abram was ninety-nine years old the
LORD appeared to Abram, and said to him, "I am God
Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless."

You'd think that by the time a guy gets to be
ninety-nine, God would have something more profound to
say than "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be
blameless."  Where's the deep theology and philosophy?
 The hidden mysteries?  The eye-popping,
consciousness-raising visions and insights?  But
that's mainly because we have a false idea of
profundity.  Fr. Benedict Groeschel says that the
deepest moral counsel he ever got was given him when
he went off to seminary as a young man.  It was
given by a little old Jewish man who said, with a
thick Yiddish accent, "Be a good boy."  Like this
simple instruction, God's command to Abraham
is, quite literally, the sum total of What Life is All
About.  The Lord is God Almighty.  Walk before him and
be blameless.

love n prayers,
from Saudi Arabia