Hi,

The Lifter of My Head

Psalm 3:3 "But thou, O LORD, art a shield about me,
my glory, and the lifter of my head".

This is one of the tenderest and most beautiful images
in all of the Psalms.  It's hard to improve upon it.
"The lifter of my head."  The image of God is one of
almost unsupportable pathos.  How many people are
there in the world, shuffling through life, eyes down
on the ground, full of some grinding shame, or painful
humiliation, or hopeless despair?  This verse speaks
to us all as God so gently puts his hand beneath our
chin and lifts our faltering gaze until we look him in
the eye and find, not a Condemning Judge but a Father
looking back: solemn, full of love, and full of power
to save.  Thanks be to God, the lifter of my head!

love n prayers,
Josachayan / Saudi Arabia