Hi,

The Lord Your God!

Exodus 20:2-3 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you
out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
You shall have no other gods before me".

Perhaps the most significant word in this verse is
"your."  Without it, there is no covenant, for it is
in God's giving himself to us (and we to him) that a
covenant happens.  For a covenant is a sacred family
bond of kinship.  "The Lord God" is a remote deity,
somewhere up in heaven.  Powerful, to be sure and the
Artificer of All, but still remote.  But "the Lord
your God", though still awesome and powerful and the
Maker of All, is something more: a Father who gives
himself to us and who calls us to give ourselves to
him unreservedly and with complete devotion, as
he has done.

love n prayers,
Josachayan / Saudi Arabia