Gandhiji ,father of Indian nation born in Porbanther a district in Gujrat.
Porbanther mainly a place where Christianity as religion loosing its
clutches. Its a place which is famous for its black magicians & sorcery.
Here we can find a "mixed culture" as a product of 'inter religious
marriages.' Youth are not at all bothered about their religious customs &
teachings.Yes most of them  leading a free life.
Its too sad to note that after the long time work of our missionaries, still
most of them leading same old life, still in the chains of superstious
believes.
Yes its the place where a smart computer graduate Latha appointed as a
fulltimer.

It was her first duty to start a youth group in porbanther. There she found
a 'elder group' with their help she visited each house in porbanther parish
and her committment for the lord finally rewarded with a good prayer group
with many youth from that parish. Now in porbather these parish prayer group
is taking initiative to start other groups in their neighbouring parish.
Latha was like a flame which give new life to gelid youth in Porbanther.
Scripture tells : " I came to  set  the earth on fire and how I wish it were
already kindled!" Lk 12: 49
Christ has no body now but yours.......
Yes through us he want to set fire on earth. Are you ready????

After 54 years of Independence in literacy rate women are still backward. In
Porbather womens role was limited in to the four walls of her house. There
this smart girl started a "Mathru Sangamam" , yes a women's association. The
initial stage she faced too much stress and strains, because most of the
ladies themselves counted it as bad, so as a social worker she visited each
house and imparted how important it is to come out from their home and to
work  for the whole world. Yes now they too realised the importance of their
role in society, every day many women came together at church after one hour
intercessory prayer they are doing a lot to society - like hospital visits,
counselling to those who needy, different out reaches ministries.....
Yes "Mathru Sangamam" was a big success... day by day members are increasing
in this associations.
If you are willing you to can form such ministries.......

How much importance we are giving to Holy water & Rosery ??? In church how
many of us are using this holy water to put a cross in our forhead? Many
times we forget to do all this!!
but Latha gave much importance to all that. She believes Holy water can
purify us from sin and can even heal us from maladies. One day she put a
cross on a man with this holy water and you know that man healed from
Jaundice. Yes for us it may be " unbelievable " But Jesus Christ is same
yesterday, today and forever.
If you believe His presence in that Holy water surely you will heal.
HE is asking each one of us: "Where is Your Faith?"

Latha dedicated herself in personal caring too. In porbanther many youths
are leading free life, so abortion is too common. One day she happend to
meet a Fisheries girl, only in her teens with 3 months preganancy.
That poor girl want to abort that baby. But Latha strongly opposed it, Yes
she become the voice for that unborn kid. That girl wanted to abort that
fetus because she was poor, so Latha approched  Bishop & he agreed to care
that baby after his birth. Yes that girl delivered a baby boy & he is fine
in Bishop's orphan center.
Yes for a 'fetus' she did a lot because she knows that its not just fetus
but a "Human being".

Personal convictions prompted her to do more for that land. Yes we can
proudly say, Latha's works bring some changes in a place where no body know
much about "Christ"

Praise God!

Priya
Cochin