On Sep 2, 2009, at 9:33 PM, DBJDBJ wrote:

> @dz: At last a number for you ;o) Andrea says that IE versions of jQ
> are 10 times slower ...

We already knew that -- jQuery in IE is slower because:

1. The workarounds are slower.
2. IE6/7/8's js engines are slower.

The slowness of jQuery -- or really, any Javascript frameowrk -- in IE
compared to other browsers has been proven in countless tests.

What we *don't* know is how much faster jQuery would be in IE or other
browsers if you removed the various conditional tests and used
explicit jQuery versions for each browser instead, which is what
you're proposing.

Not all data is equal or relevant. If you're going to cite numbers,
how about we make sure what you're citing is related to the unknowns
at hand?

-- dz