@THD, Ludovic, Andrea

Very usefull discusion, indeed. Although I would be so bold to *try*
this way :

<script src="http://your.server.here.com/jquery_compositor.php"; ></
script>

Where on the server there are a lot of simple js files , one for each
feature in each browser.
No home-grown conditional comments etc ...
These files are used to actually build on-the-fly jQuery, for the
calling browser+platform combination.

What bothers me is the number of these jQ nuggets (smal js files) for
each feature?

Is the formula for their *max* number : (no of features) X (no of
browsers) X (no of OS's) ?

There will be fortunately a lot of these "nuggets" reuse. For example.

in_array.js    --- for every browser on every OS , which is NOT IE

ie_in_array.js  --- for every IE browser

I am sure you guys do need need more explaining ;o)

--DBJ