One cool thing is that the tooltip is being positioned out of the position of the hovered element
rather than attached to the mouse cursor position.
That is a sooo much more cleaner result IMO.

Karl Swedberg wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I (finally) posted a blog entry announcing the official beta version of the clueTip plugin:

http://www.learningjquery.com/2007/07/cluetip-plugin-beta

I'd love to hear what you think.

Here's a snippet from the entry:

The new clueTip plugin allows you to easily set a link, or any other element, to show a tooltip when the user's mouse hovers over it. If the link includes a title attribute, its text becomes the heading of the clueTip.

The contents of the clueTip can come from a separate file via AJAX, an element on the current page when set to "local," or the title attribute with a designated delimiter.

The clueTip offers smart positioning and takes advantage of Brian Cherne's fantastic hoverIntent plugin if it's available. (Just include it in a <script> tag if you want the clueTip to use it.)

It comes with many options, all of which are documented in the source comments and on the demo page.

thanks,

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com