So as far as I'm concerned, livequery is the biggest advance in jQuery since
its inception (no, I am not its author). I'm trying to understand why it's
having such a slow rate of adoption.

it solves this problem:
$("div.klass").draggable();
$("#foo").load("url", function() { $("div.klass").draggable(); });

beautifully, as you now only need to do:

$("div.klass").livequery(function() { $(this).draggable() });
$("#foo").load("url");

Obviously, that was only a simple example. The more general case, wanting to
bind some event handler to a selector regardless of when it appears on the
page, is extremely common. So again, I'm trying to understand why the rate
of adoption has been so slow. Any thoughts?

--
Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Procore Technologies