Great that you fixed it so soon Dan, I also hope that you can modify the
keyboard mode a bit as it could confuse the user and this can't be done with
just CSS. Perhaps you could let the autocomplete mode trigger after a
certain amount of characters have been entered or perhaps start with an
empty box (not recommended)?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Stan Lemon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Very nice plugin!
>
> I second Jorn's thought on the usage of both modes.  I found myself
> slightly confused at first when I went into keyboard mode and couldn't
> click on anything.  Seems to be an issue too when you click on the
> arrow, the menu is expanded and then you proceed to click on the white
> area that would normally trigger the keyboard mode.
>
> I know Safari wasn't in your list of supported browsers, but I did
> notice that the keyboard mode didn't seem to work correctly in Safari
> 3.1 on OS X.  Safari has a fairly decent user base, especially amongst
> the jQuery crowd and I could see this as advantageous to you to get
> the plugin more circulated.
>
> All in all, excellent plugin - I will likely use it on a project of my
> own.
>
> Pax,
> - Stan
>

> On Jun 19, 1:59 pm, "Jörn Zaefferer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hey Dan,
> >
> > great plugin, the interface is both innovative and familiar, and works
> > well - as long as I use either mouse or keyboard, but not both. The
> > inconsistent behaviour was already mentioned by so many others in this
> > thread, I hope it gives you an idea how to merge both controls into
> > one.
> >
> > If that inconsistency could be removed, the widget would be even greater.
> >
> > Regards
> > Jörn
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Dan G. Switzer, II
> >
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Graeme,

> when
> mouse.
> the
> >
> > > 1) If you click inside the text box, you go into "keyboard" entry
> mode--so
> > > you're actually seeing the "autocomplete" box, not the dropdown menu.
> You
> > > can change the styles in the CSS to make this look however you want (so
> that
> > > you can make it look visual different.) Currently, when you're in
> keyboard
> > > entry mode you can not use the mouse to select entries. You can disable
> > > keyboard support by using a <div/> element instead of an <input/>
> element
> > > and then clicking "inside" would always cause the same menu as dropdown
> > > arrow.
> >
> > > 2) The second issue (with the large vertical spacing) seems to be
> related to
> > > the Chili plug-in (which is used for syntax highlighting.) The problem
> seems
> > > to be random and only occurs when Firebug reports Chili errors (at
> least
> > > that's the only time I've seen the behavior.) I've never seen the
> behavior
> > > on a page that doesn't have the Chili plug-in.
> >
> > > -Dan

Many thanks
--
Isaak Malik