Tony,

>I was able to fix by own bug.  I commented out like 899
>($self.blur();) and added a return true after line 901.  That makes it
>so if you hit tab while at the end of the tree the tab will bubble up
>to the browser which will move focus to the next item.  I tested in
>IE7 and FF4 and it works great.
>
>On line 150 I added "tabindex=999" so that pressing tab would move
>from the dropdown to the next form field.  Without the tabindex the
>next tab moved the selection to the dropdown arrow image, which isn't
>how a standard dropdown works.
>
>On an unrelated issue this plugin doesnt' work with
>jQuery.noConflict().  That probably doesn't matter for most people but
>I'm transitioning from prototype and need to use noConflict.  I just
>replaced $. with "jQuery" and "$(" with "jQuery(" and it everything
>worked great.

I just pushed out a new build that should resolve all the issue you were
having. My fixes were a bit different, but they should do exactly what
you're wanting (for example, I'm using tabindex="-1" which should prevent
the dropdown anchor from being in the tab order altogether.)

v1.2 (2008-06-26)

* Added focus() method
* Fixed autocomplete list from showing dropdown when go back levels in FF3
* Fixed autocomplete list corruption in when go back levels after using
mouse
* Added tabindex="-1" to the dropdown arrow (so it shouldn't recieve focus
on tabbing)
* Fixed tabbing behavior so hitting [TAB] should go to the next element in
the tabindex
* Autocomplete no longer shows (by default) if the input is empty and
recieves focus (use the setting.showACOnEmptyFocus to control this behavior)
* Added setting.showACOnEmptyFocus (used for controlling whether the
autocomplete list shows on focus if list is empty; default = false)
* Fixed noConflict() bug (where $ wasn't being properly scoped)

http://www.givainc.com/labs/mcdropdown_jquery_plugin.htm

-Dan