I don't know how it compares as far as speed, but you might want to try this:

http://code.google.com/p/trimpath/wiki/JavaScriptTemplates

We've been using it for more than a year on many of our projects, including some with large table row outputs, and it's worked for us.

- Jack

Andiih wrote:
I am using jTemplates (jquery-jtemplates.js) to render a large xml
response by running xmlToJSON then processTemplate.  Although the code
works fine, and performance in FF2.0 is acceptable (2672ms) on my test
system, I am getting a result of 9827ms when running in IE7.  Is there
a known performance issue with jtemplates ?  Are other templte modules
better ?

(p.s. the real world code uses jQuery Form plugin and web services,
but the sample below reproduces the issue)

Code, and template follow.

... snip...