Hi Andiih, I had one more thought.  I don't usually setTemplateURL abd
ibstead use setTemplateElement and have the template locally in a hidden
text area.  I was wondering if it might be the difference because of the
network communication that occurs in your case.  Might be worth a try to see
if thats the extra time drain.

Also JavaScriptTemplates from trimpath is a really great template engine as
well and really not too different syntatically than jTemplate so you should
be able to modify your templates relatively easily to use them if that what
you decide to do.

--
Christopher Thatcher