Hi,

I've been running into the same problem with the following:

 $(document).ready(function() {
   $('p.firstparagraph').hide()
   $('#hideh1').click(function(){
     $('p.firstparagraph').hide(200);
   });
   $('#showh1').click(function(){
     $('p.firstparagraph').show(200);

p.firstparagraph is displaying briefly before the page has completely
loaded. I was under the impression that  $(document).ready(function()
executed before the page was output for display.

style="display:none" has been suggested on some websites but is
inaccessible for users with javascript disabled.

Any help understanding what is going on is appreciated.

Thanks!

John