Hmm...I'm still having trouble with this.

my showHide script is as follows:

$(document).domready(function() {
   $('body').addClass('jsEnabled');  // let css know js is enabled
   $('p.firstparagraph').hide()
   $('#showh1').click(function(){
   $('p.firstparagraph').show(200);
   });
   $('#hideh1').click(function(){
   $('p.firstparagraph').hide(200);

Including the following:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/
jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.domready.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/showHide.js"></script>

and added the following CSS rule:

body.jsEnabled p.firstparagraph { display: none; }

Still the firstparagraph is showing then disappearing on page load.
The page validates for both css and html.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John