I'd simply check the trac to see if development halted, instead of
asking it publicly in such a challenging way.

http://dev.jquery.com/report/28

I've been working pretty hard all this time, closing millions of
tickets (sadly most of them invalid).

And while I do understand your request, I don't think you used the
right place and words to ask it.
Needless to say, I'm considerably offended by your post, I think it
reduces the hard work to nothing.

IMO, it'd had been appropriate to post this to the jquery-dev group,
or even ask a core member by email.

Finally, if you're really into improving jQuery, this is how:
  http://dev.jquery.com/newticket

--
Ariel Flesler
http://flesler.blogspot.com/