I'd like to second that. Without taking anything away from John's work in
creating the library or the work of any of the other contributors, Ariel is
truly one of the unsung heros of the project today.

Just a note to Bob who asked about the pace of development: Don't take
offense at Ariel's comments! Anyone who works as hard as he does is entitled
to let off a little steam once in a while. :-)

Personally, I think it was entirely appropriate to ask about it in this
public forum. I'm sure many other people have wondered the same thing. After
all, it has been quite a long time since the last public release.

Asking here gives Ariel and other team members a chance to comment about it,
and it also provides a chance to put out the word: This is an Open Source
project. Want to help out? :-)

Thanks,

-Mike