Okay, now that, through event.target, I have trapped and deflected a
click in "senate" when the actual click was on the checkbox next to a
member, I want to determine the element from which it came and modify
it.  Specifically, I know it came from one of the checkboxes preceding
the many senate members.  I do not know WHICH one.

Also, I know it has an img src, and I want to redefine the image.
Toggle it it to a checked/unchecked box image.

How do I do this through event.target?

I am used to basing everything off of (this) and knowing the node
structure to traverse.  event.target is not the same, and it does not
allow the same methods.  Therefore, I need to get information out of
event.target which will let me find and select the element
from which it came.

Was it senator #32, 54, 7, or what?  That's the question.