Oh, and by the way, the reason for needing separate control for the
members (senators and representatives) is I want a click on any member
to take you (fly) to the office of that member on the Google Earth map
and zoom-in to it.

Just like when you click on the parent ("Senate" or "House").  If you
click on one of those, it will fly to that state, zoom in, and show
you a panorama of the whole state, with each members placemarks.

So, the member function I am trying to achieve will take you to just
that ONE member's office and, of course, the zoom will be closer to
the ground, where you can see streets, etc.