Glad to help.

It's nothing specific to jQuery, of course. Here's a simplified test case:

    var Test = function() {};
    Test.prototype.foo = function() { alert('bar'); };

    var test = new Test;
    test.foo();  // alerts 'bar'

    var Test = function() {};

    var test = new Test;
    test.foo();  // TypeError: test.foo is not a function

That's basically the same scenario you ran into with the two jQuerys - it's
just easier to see the problem here.

-Mike