> 7) Another advantage of EJB I heard was “transaction
> management”. Why do I
> need that? I can use JSP/JavaBean to issue all kinds of SQL
> statements and
> commit or rollback any transaction as needed. Why do I need EJB’s
> “transaction management”?

   I tend to agree with you on other points.

   You will need a transaction management if you have a distributed
 transaction, which means more than one database are involved (or
 database schema for that matter).

  In fact you can make a one phase transaction with regular JavaBean
 (better with Data Access Objects), but for true two-phase commit
 you will need EJB.

---