Actually, I opened this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/julia-users/IjG2ERHVjz0
when I needed to revisit prolog and first order logic for my AI exam...
I think Julia can be great for DSLs!
The current downside of Julia being very young and not having any
established IDE can turn into an upside, if we use this to make a deeper
connection between the parser and the IDE. This way we could offer correct
syntax highlighting and parsing for any user defined DSL, if they use the
same interfaces.
I imagine that Julia might become a nice hub for other languages, with its
low overhead for calling functions from other languages.
If other languages can be integrated as nicely as Keno has done it with his
Cxx package, together with good IDE support, this could be huge.
Deciding to use Julia wouldn't mean to decide against using other languages.
(As much as I like to believe that Julia could be the one and only
language, this is still very powerful)