On Friday, December 5, 2014 1:11:12 AM UTC, ivo welch wrote:

> there are no good web development language environments (server, browser)
> IMHO, and julia will not fit this bill, either.

You are forgetting PHP :)

All joking aside, you got me intrigued. If there is no good language, then
what is it you want? Why is web-programming special? And wouldn't Julia be
as least as good a fit (for server side) as any other language?

For client side, I was thinking of writing a separate post on that. Julia
could work..

Is it a problem that you have separate languages on either side? Then Julia
or any language wouldn't be perfect (until Julia works client side, I don't
think JavaScript is better for server-side (than Julia) or best for
non-web..).

As for server side I had this crazy idea that Julia and PHP could be
combined.. I'm not sure what the best way is to get people to stop using
PHP and rewriting from scratch isn't good..

Best regards,
Palli.