in support of "Why Julia", it seems that fact that Julia is attracting some
of the best
and brightest minds spanning a diverse collection of fields ought to be
displayed
prominently ...

as an example, perusing the COIN-OR Cup winners list returns several
familiar
names  ( see http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html ) ... speaking of
which,
it looks as though the cup needs to come home next year, as it is off for a
stay in
Python land  ( http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup2014Winner.html ) and
when it has been won again, the string "Julia" should be featured in the
team/
application name.

in addition to INFORMS, there are other "conferences" to target ...
the hit-list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_science_conferences

stay the course, Julians ...

cdm