Personally I love end tags. If I were allowed to make one change to Python,
it would be to add them in!

As for verbose, I'm used to Octave where you also have the option of the
even longer endif, endfor, endwhile, endswitch, and endfunction, which I
find very handy for figuring out what level you're at in long functions.
I'm actually still writing end #if in my Julia code (I'll probably get over
it at some point).

On the other hand, Julia allows you to write for i=1:n, j=1:n, k=1:n; ...
end which is nicely terse, and I use it so often that I really miss it in
Octave.

Jamie