Hi London,
I still don't yhave any idea about.
I think that probabily we should find a new solution
for wiki page for at least 2 reasons:
1) to avoid spamm
2) more order

for the problem 1) Jon seems to have some solution.
Regarding point 2), actual OJ wiki page has become
complicate (and I have my part of responsabilities)
with so many pages and duplicates.
Whatever is the solution we can define some rules for
wiki pages.
For instance, after a while all the help documentation
should be transfered to PDF format; "out of dated"
pages should be removed from wiki, etc.
Anyhow we should save the possibility that everybody
can contribute to the project (see Enric's job) with
the easiest way (like the wiki way)

--- Sunburned Surveyor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ha scritto:

> Stefan,
>
> You wrote: "currently Eric J. does also post a lot
> of OSX related content.."
>
> This is good to now. Thanks Eric!
>
> Stefan wrote; "not sure what the best thing is. The
> wiki replaced a
> proper website, due
> to the fact that nobody (I) was able to build up and
> maintain a real web
> page as it would require for our project. It is this
> kind of offset we
> have to deal with: proper webpage or the possibility
> for contributions
> by everyone without barriers"
>
> I'm not sure what the best thing is either. I'm sure
> this is a problem
> that many open source projects deal with. I will say
> wikis tend to be
> very scattered. I sometimes feel like I have to
> really sift through
> the wiki on a projet to find material of benefit.
> Maybe this is the
> advantage of having a central portal through which
> online
> documentation travels.
>
> Maybe we have another user and/or programmer that
> would volunteer to
> help us in this regard? I could set up a simple HTML
> template. Then
> the volunteer would only have to add the <p>
> elements with the text
> content.
>
> It sounds like Jon is willing to work with us,
> though I don't want to
> be more of a burden on him than we already are! :]
>
> I will throw my own limited documentation efforts
> behind whatever
> solution the group decides to pursue. I'd like to
> know what Peppe
> thinks.
>
> The Sunburned Surveyor

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Jonathan Aquino
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Larry - A year or two ago I added a mild
> anti-spam measure (email me if
> > interested), so that helps a bit, but it sounds
> like someone may have
> > figured out how to work around it.
> >
> > If this becomes a greater issue (i.e., spamming
> becomes more frequent), I
> > can look into other anti-spam measures, such as
> adding a captcha.
> >
> > Jon

=== message truncated ===

      Tante idee per la salvaguardia del nostro Pianeta su Yahoo! For Good
http://it.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html