hello,

i am of the opinion -1.  until such a time all outstanding issues are
addressed and resolved, and all is consolidated and cleaned, and clear
direction is sought out, reduced to mutual understanding(short-mid-
long term) by those involved, in fully disclosed and understood
pecking order, as well as worship order for those who drafted the
plans, laid the foundation, and built the initial floors/walls.  full
understanding of it's history, and full understanding and disclosure
of it's present, by and between the current power's-that-be, and those
who laid the pioneered oj, but have since retired themselves and their
interest from the project.  understanding where it stands, and where
it's participants would like to take it.  how it compares to the other
cross-platform gis java apps currently in development, and on and on.
many questions need to be realized and asked and answered, and then a
collective plan of action needs to be decided, and then a considerable
amount of clean-up and filtration need to occur, and then issues like
osgeo can be entered into unencumbered and without any perplexities
and uncertainties.

respectfully,

eric