Peppe,

I can probably help with these questions.

There is a lot of interest in adding support for CRS transformations
to OpenJUMP via the deegree library. This is on my top three list of
things to do for OpenJUMP. (I need the ability to perform CRS
transformations in OpenJUMP for some upcoming work of mine.) I'm
getting familiar with the deegree library right now. In fact, I'm in
the process of providing some Englsih translation assistance for the
CRS library documentation.

Until I get time to integrate the deegree CRS library into OpenJUMP,
you have a couple of other options:

- You can use the deegree libraries via command line tools (no GUI)
distributed with the library.
- You can use UDig to reproject vector data. (I've had problems
reprojecting images with it.)
- You can use the existing CRS plug-in written by Edgar Soldin.
- You can try to hire, con, or sweet talk someone else into doing the work.

I've added "indirect" support for GPS to OpenJUMP by implementing a
plug-in that can read waypoints and tracks from GPX files. You can
download a GPS receiver (like a Garmin eTrex) using a free program
like EasyGPS. I don't have a complete open source tool chain for this
process yet, or a tool chain that will work completely on Linux. I'd
like to work on downloading waypoints directly from a GPS receiver
using the GPSylon library. However, this is a good bit of work, and it
isn't on my top three list. :]

Work on OpenJUMP is somewhat halph-hazard and irregular. Remember, we
don't have any payed programmers, and people willing to pay for
new/improved features are very rare. :]

The Sunburned Surveyor