Hi all,
scouting between old Jump plugins I discover thia one
:http://michael.michaud.free.fr/jump/plugins/plugins.html "mm-patch" made by
Michael.
Between other improvements, mm-patch adds the possibility to use other
attribute types, like boolean, long, char, decimal and enumeration. I invite to
give a look to Michael's interesting documantation about this plugin here:
http://www.projet-sigle.org/trac/browser/projetsigle/openjump/plugins/mmpatch/mm-patch-doc.pdf?rev=87&format=raw,
 for perople who read french :).
Unfortunatelly I was not able to let it work.
1) following the installation note I put the two files (jumpupdater.jar and
mm-patchXXX.jar) into the OJ/lib folser, run jumpapdater.jar and then run
OpenJUMP to see if I was able to set new attribute type on Open schema - It
doesn't show the new attributes
2) I used the same procedure for Jump 1.1.2 with no resaults.
3) Following the exanmples on the PDF, I run the scripts by beanshell trying to
create the new attributes. I had this error message:

/////////////////////////////
 // Error: EvalError: Typed variable declaration : Error in method invocation:
Static method createCharAttributeType( int ) not found in
class'com.vividsolutions.jump.feature.AttributeType' : at Line: 1 : in file:
<unknown file> : AttributeType .createCharAttributeType ( 16 )

Shoould I do mistakes on the installation?

I think this plugin would be better integrate into Openjump. The possibility to
use enumaration and boolean attribute would be of a good benefit for field
survayours or for people who have to input repetitive datas into a project.

Regards