Hi Giuseppe,

Here are some explanations and comments about this patch (this is a
patch, not a plugin)
- one other regular user (Hisaji) told me he was interested in porting
this patch to OpenJUMP
- this is a five years old development. I haven't used it for at least 4
years (and I'm quite sure nobody else but me has used it)
- one of the goal was to be able to read mif/mid, geoconcept and dxf
files and to write them back without loosing any information about data
types
- this is not a plugin but a patch because it modifies some core classes
in jump
- the patch is not safe as it is and it is quite hard to make it
rock-solid because "AttributeType" is not easily extensible and it is
used everywhere in the soft.
- several years after, I'm still not sure about the usefulness and/or
the best way to deal with attribute types :
   . I still think adding boolean would be great (just need to check
everywhere in the code, internal plugins, readers, writers what has to
be changed - it may be a problem for external plugins)
   . characters and decimals : not so useful, or in a way that would
make OJ more compatible with SQL standard (I think kosmo did some work
in this direction)
   . enumeration : there is two purposes. easing data edition, keeping
consistent data. I think the first can be managed in a more dynamic way
(combobox filled with last entered values for exemple), and the second
is interesting but not very standard (I know only one gis using
enumaration as attribute type)
   . other attribute types : it would be interesting to study attribute
types in xml schema (and gml), and the notion of constraints which are
not limited to a number of characters or decimals (ex. max value,
regular expression)
   . final thought : I like the simplicity of OpenJUMP model. Adding new
attribute types with full compatibility with all plugins is still a lot
of work. It could be more interesting to introduce constraints to
existing attribute types than adding new attribute types, but it's also
a lot of work.

You did no mistake in the installation procedure.
I added a security check in the updater to prevent user to update an
uptodate soft with an older patch.
If you can change the date of .class in the mm-patch.jar, it should work
(don't know how to do that), otherwise, I'll have to re-compile the
patch (not sure when I'll find time to do that).

Michaël