We are running 8.4R4.2..

inet.0: 306438 destinations, 579016 routes (305221 active, 0 holddown, 191417 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

Routing Engine status:
    Temperature                 31 degrees C / 87 degrees F
    CPU temperature             29 degrees C / 84 degrees F
    DRAM                       768 MB
    Memory utilization          56 percent
    CPU utilization:
      User                       1 percent
      Background                 0 percent
      Kernel                     2 percent
      Interrupt                  0 percent
      Idle                      96 percent
    Model                          RE-5.0

sth...@nethelp.no wrote:

What JunOS version are you running?

This is an M7i with RE-400, a full Internet routing table,

inet.0: 314795 destinations, 629302 routes (314784 active, 0 holddown, 19
hidden)

a handfull of MPLS L3VPNs (around 3K routes here) and a few interfaces,
running JunOS 9.5R3.7. Memory usage:

Routing Engine status:
    Temperature                 33 degrees C / 91 degrees F
    CPU temperature             30 degrees C / 86 degrees F
    DRAM                       768 MB
    Memory utilization          94 percent
    Model                          RE-5.0

I'd say *any* RE-400 box with a full routing table and a recent JunOS
version is reason for worry. We have been unpleasantly surprised a
few times (boxes starting to show swap usage).