Exactly,  Sync is set up correctly in the settings, but it breaks after the
first or second sync.

Hopefully some devs can chime in here.  Is there a a way to get a debug log
to see what's going on and why sync randomly stops working?  This is really
a huge showstopper that K9 will randomly just stop downloading new mail.
 I've missed getting notified on some incredibly important emails.  It's
becoming a pain to manually sync K9 and see if I have anything new.