Maybe better to look at a layer closer to the python. See:

http://code.google.com/p/kamaelia/source/browse/trunk/Code/Python/Bindings/python-dvb3/dvb3/frontend.pyx#126

Teh QPSKParameters class is filled from the 'frequency' parameter and the
'feparams' you provide. You therefore need to specify:

     inversion
     symbol_rate
     fec_inner

in the feparams dict you are creating.

Ignore my earlier mesasge where I incorrectly assumed you were trying to
tune to the BBC freesat service! Use the symbol rate and frequency that
you have been using. Hein suggests the FEC you need is 3/4. You can
probably set inversion to auto - or at worst just try all three options.

The old code Michael attached to an earlier email seems to indicate that
to set the polarisation, other stuff needs doing - to do with SEC voltages
(I've no idea what they are). You could try taking you own copy of the
DVB_Multiplex.py and adding the code to set the polarisation?

Matt