Hi Luca,

On Friday 20 November 2009 07:39:12 luca72 wrote:
> now i can't test it
>
> Many thanks i will inform you.
> PS:I think that i'm your nightmare (sorry)

No, not nightmare. Someone testing current code in a scenario we haven't tried
since that code was written is actually a dream scenario. What is making it
hard to help is not posting a copy of the actual code you're running.

Fragments are good, and you have the context of the fragments, so they make
sense to you. However, simply posting this by itself...

    from Kamaelia.Device.DVB.Core import DVB_Multiplex
    from Kamaelia.Chassis.Pipeline import Pipeline
    from Kamaelia.File.Writing import SimpleFileWriter

    import dvb3

    freq = 119.770000
    feparams = {"symbol_rate" : 27500,
    }

    (for example - some your mail at 13:41:15 -0800 (PST) )

... doesn't give me the full picture.

When you then post this:
   and i get  the following error

   The file frontend.pyx could not be opened.
   and after i gat :
   The debugged program raised the exception unhandled IOError
   "(22, 'Invalid argument')"
   File: frontend.pyx, Line: 364

These two errors look contradictory, which is confusing.

I'm explaining this because taking the time to report what you're trying, and
the results you're seeing is fantastic feedback, and I suspect looking at the
original early code that we may need to change some code with regard to
configuring the front end, but until I see the full file you're *currently*
editting and the *current* sourcefile, I have no chance of reconstructing
exactly what's happening.

In order to allow me to help you, I simply need that information.

Once again, regarding this:
> PS:I think that i'm your nightmare (sorry)

Please let me put your mind at rest - someone (anyone) taking the time to
report back and try using code that hasn't been tested in the scenario you're
using it, is not a nightmare, it's closer to a dream scenario - since it's
useful feedback.

At present I think, that the current code is not configuring the satellite
frontend before passing in the fe.params. It looks like with DVB-T & -C you
can more or less "just use it", whereas with DVB-S the setting of horizontal
matters. This quite possibly requires a change to our code as well as yours,
hence me asking for information which you may feel repetitious, however what
I'm simply doing is trying to see precisely what's changing in the system as
a whole :-)

Thanks for persevering! :-)

Regards,

Michael.