On 27.02.2018 14:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 13:30:12 CET Paul Brown wrote:

Is it true that users get confused by the bugtracking system? If so, this is
an issue, right?
Well, users can get confused by _everything_. Though I probably have more
absolutely non-technical users reporting bugs than most other KDE projects. I
haven't seen many signs of users being confused by UNCONFIRMED vs CONFIRMED,
though.

I'm all for making the initial reporting of bugs as smooth as possible for
users... Though really, I don't need any more bug reports. And after that,
giving me more information when I ask for it, that would be useful as well.

* It would be useful if users could embed images and videos instead of
creating attachments.
* It would be useful if users could use rich text in their reports.
I brought this up before, but dealing with occasional confused edits is made easy by scripting. Here is a link to LibreOffice's bugzillaChecker.py script, to the part which checks for self-confirmed reports: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=blob;f=qa/bugzillaChecker.py;hb=HEAD#l165

I am CC'ing Ben Cooksley, who might consider adapting the script(s) to KDE's BZ. Here is the directory with all of them: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=tree;f=qa I just talked with Xisco about the scripts and he said he would write a README explaining them.

Ideally there would be a group of active triagers looking at the script results.

Ilmari