On Thursday, October 27, 2011 20:33:54 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 27.10.2011 20:18, schrieb Søren Holm@home:
> > Torsdag den 27. oktober 2011 16:13:44 Reindl Harald skrev:
> >> this does perfectly work since many years if you are using fuse-sshfs /
> >> curlftpfs what is always the better solution since the kio-parts are
> >> randomly broken and not useable if you need to rely on them in any way
> >
> > Harald, why do you keep insist that auto-reload should not be implemented
> > in  some form?
> >
> > I am perfectly aware that the patch I posted has a bit rough. But it
> > worked,  and I was actually convinved that everyone would agree with me
> > that auto- reload is a feature that kate must have.
>
> you missunderstood me
>
> nothing against tis feature, but please not as default because this would
> have the potential to destroy work of people who do not expect or want this

Please read the earlier arguments carefully, especially where I mentioned that
proper undo is mandatory when reloading, so you do not loose data, but we also
save useless interruption in important workflows.

Let's also finish this bikeshed right here, the thread has not become a whole
lot more useful over the last 20 emails.
--
sebas