On 12 Mar 2014, at 19:44 , John Layt <jl...@kde.org> wrote:
> But what we need most right now is a Mac experienced sysadmin to take
> on setting up and maintaining the Mac infrastructure, then a
> fundraiser to get the hardware.  And for people to start talking to
> each other on kde-mac.
Well, one could also contact the MacPorts guys in order to learn how they set
up their CI environment which is based on several buildbots for the currently
supported four MacOSX versions 10.6.x-10.9.x.

They for instance do make use of virtualised servers for this job.

There is a “hardcore maintainer" who keeps qt4-mac going, but he hasn’t dealt
with Qt5 up to now, mainly because he is alone with this job and needs support
himself. So, I guess going towards KF5 is still impossible. One would have to
go for Qt5 first. His work wrt Qt4 is a major task, so I guess it will be
equally hard to install Qt5 through MacPorts.