On Saturday, March 29, 2014 09:27:29 PM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:23:50 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > We do not index everything. That would be foolhardy. We just index your
> > HOME  by default.
>
> There's no indication of this on the config UI at al.
>
> So how do I index Paths that are out side my home dir, such as my "/data"
> dir?
> > > Just specifying a default white list of the home dir covers that nicely
> > > and
> > > allows them to easily extend that for data and/or shares that might be
> > > mounted out of their home dir.
> >
> > That's exactly what is done right now.
>
> You said it only black listed.
>

>From the UI - only black listing is available. As I said, please try it out
and experiment. It does have sensible defaults.

Here is how it currently works -

* By default your HOME directory is indexed, and all other external mounts are
are excluded.

* The UI will show the list of all excluded mounts and excluded folders that
have been manually added.

So if you want some external mount to be indexed, just remove it from the
blacklist.

> > How about you have a look at the
> > config  file and the implementation?
>
> I have no idea where it is.
>
> Would this be the reply for users who are scared of full directory paths?

No. But it is my reply for when users complain without experimenting with what
it currently does. Yes, we're lacking documentation, but we need more people
to step up and help. There is only so much I can do.

--
Vishesh Handa