On Samstag, 29. März 2014 15:09:10 CEST, Vishesh Handa wrote:

I currently have no idea what is being indexed on my pc. I have no way of
finding out. If I change my directory structure or add extra media mounts I
just have to have faith that baloo does the right thing.

It just seems a recipe for user angst and frustration.

I'm not sure if this is the way you intended it, but to me this translates to - "I have no trust in the software you have written and would like to check every thing it is doing, and I expect you to provide user interfaces so that I can monitor it every second"

To me it translates to the simple fact that "I doubt that other people know what i
want/need to be indexed and i'd like to know and control what is indexed on MY box",
so don't try to turn it into a techinal insult, that's ridiculous.
You /cannot/ do it right since you /cannot/ know what is "right" in the first
place. That's not a technical issue.

Thomas