Hi again,

On 09 Apr 2014, at 23:53 , Frank Reininghaus <frank7...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think that there are many KDE apps which do not require Baloo at all.
I could imagine that too.

> I'm not sure if there is a full list somewhere, but you can
> always build KDE modules and watch for any Baloo-related output from
> CMake. If there is none, then everything will most likely work fine
> without Baloo.
OK, perhaps we could think about introducing baloo as an opt-in port variant
which would only be installed if the user specifically asks for it. But that -
of course - could cause a lot of stress during port maintenance.

I guess it is better to install baloo and simply disable it. This case should
be handled safely by all baloo-dependent KDE applications.

Greets,
Marko