--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "daystar1013" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use kicad daily for reverse engineeering and occasionally PCBNEW for
> test fixtures. I have been using the 2007-11-29-RC2 release for
> Windows, I have not layed out a PCB until today.
> I started a PCB layout, a small circuit (5"X3") with six - 16 pin SO14E
> footprints and two TQFP-44's, 1206 resistors and capacitors, and some
> LEDs. I read the netlist into pcbnew and as usual the parts were all
> stacked up on top of each other, no problem.
> I place the parts manually, I do the entire process manually, PCBNEW is
> an excellent tool for manually routing a PCB. The problem I started
> seeing was that I would move a part, and place it. I would go to move
> the next part, and I would grab the same part off of the stack that I
> just placed. About half the time a part I placed would stay where I
> placed it. I finally gave up and went back to the July release. I
> completed the board in a couple of hours.

One of the changes we made in this release involves mouse clicking.
(And for a good reason I'll add right up front.  There is no going back.)

Many of the program's actions happen now on the "mouse release",
whereas they used to happen on a "mouse press".  So you might look at
what makes up your environment, including your mouse driver, your
mouse, and your version of Windows.  Also consider how you are using
the mouse.

Try slowing down and verifying that when you drop the footprint in
place, it stays there.

Others do not seem to be having this problem.