Dick,
I took your advice on the changes to the way the mouse works. I
renamed the schematic and generated a new net list and then read it
into PCBNEW. Everything worked fine. I had become accustomed to
working with the mouse the way it used to work. I think the
difference in the OnClick and OnRelease is what got me.

Thanks for the Advice

--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "Dick H." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "daystar1013" <daystar@> wrote:
> >
> > I use kicad daily for reverse engineeering and occasionally
PCBNEW for
> > test fixtures. I have been using the 2007-11-29-RC2 release for
> > Windows, I have not layed out a PCB until today.
> > I started a PCB layout, a small circuit (5"X3") with six - 16 pin
SO14E
> > footprints and two TQFP-44's, 1206 resistors and capacitors, and
some
> > LEDs. I read the netlist into pcbnew and as usual the parts were
all
> > stacked up on top of each other, no problem.
> > I place the parts manually, I do the entire process manually,
PCBNEW is