On 8 Dec 2007 at 14:21, Moses McKnight wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On 8 Dec 2007 at 12:02, Moses McKnight wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, where is a good place to get prototypes made inexpensively with
> >> solder mask?  I'm looking at pcbfabexpress.com right now but am
> >> interested in other options.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Moses
> >>
> >   I get mine done at
> > <http://4pcb.com>
> >
> >   They have a $33 special.  That is $33 each (min order of 3) for any size
> > up
> > to 60 sq. in. double sided including solder mask and silkscreen on both
> > sides.  You can put mutliple board designs, but it must be a single part
> > number and for that price, they will not cut them apart.
> >   I always put as many of my prototype designs as will fit in 60 sq-in and
> > then
> > cut them apart with an 18" paper cutter.
> >
> > Dave - WB6DHW
> > <http://wb6dhw.com>
>
> Hmmm, wonder if I can put three or four of the same board on a panel?
> How would I do that with Kicad anyhow?  The min order of 3 panels would
> get me right now as I need on 2 or 3 boards and cost is an issue.  I
> will probably change later boards but the first ones will be for
> development and will work for what I need right now.
>
> Thanks,
> Moses

  Yes, I do that.
Make up a new board that will be 60 sq-in.  From the File Menu, select
"Append Board" and navigate to the board you want to place.  You can then
use the block copy to make more than one copy on the board.  You can also
import other board designs with the Append Board command.  I use a
combination to fill up the 60 sq-in.
  By the way, 4pcb.com also has a free service that checks your Gerbers for
manufacturing errors before you even order.

Dave - WB6DHW
<http://wb6dhw.com>