SJS wrote:
begin  quoting MattyJ as of Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 04:09:34PM -0700:
I can't speak for Safari but one of my favorite Opera browsing features is
the Control+Z hotkey. Accidentally close three of the 20 tabs you have
open and OMG I forgot to bookmark those and have no clue how I got to them
...? Control+Z, Control+Z, Control+Z. Done. I love it.

Do you often close the wrong tabs, or close a tab by accident?

Often enough, but usually it's because I change my mind and want it back for one last thing or to double check that I was actually finished with it. With FireFox plugin TabsMix+, [Ctrl][F12] brings back as many as are in the closed-tabs list.

I sometimes do, when the browser gets REALLY sluggish, but the solution
generally is to restart the browser so that it isn't so bogged down.

Which is another nice feature about TabsMix+. If I actually kill FireFox (which is *so* easy with [Ctrl][C] when it was started from a terminal), upon bringing it back, TabsMix+ offers to reload all the windows and tabs that were open. One drawback, though, is that most pages that had not finished loading usually do not re-appear. :( Apparently they were never listed in the open-tabs list.

--
Science is *not* happy to entertain hypothesis and experiments that are too far afield from the accepted dogma. It's a very human endeavor, and it shows, with fads and cliques and political backstabbing.
--Stewart Stremler

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org