MattyJ wrote:
<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
So google just announced their own web browser implementation: Chrome

Google has produced this little comic book which explains very well some
of the seemingly good ideas behind their browser:

http://books.google.com/books?id=8UsqHohwwVYC&printsec=frontcover#PPA6,M1

And I must say, this does sounds like a very good idea. Makes me wonder
why Firefox didn't come up with it ages ago.

The threading/crash protection stuff sounds interesting, but I'm tired of
hearing about all these new, awesome UI innovations that have existed in
Firefox and Opera for half a decade. Firefox is also an offender in this
space.

Tabs on top? Oh my! How innovative! How about tabs on the left and right?

You want an innovation, how about *tiling*. At this point, my monitor is so wide that small paragraphs barely fill one line.

I would rather have nine tiles rather than 9 tabs.

-a

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org