Tracy R Reed wrote:
Gus Wirth wrote:
That's a function of the window manager. The window manager would need
to keep track of the parent process of the new window, figure out which
windows are associated with it, and then draw the new window where the
parent currently resides. It seems possible but requires a lot of X
voodoo to make it work.

Either you misunderstood what I said or I am misunderstanding what you are saying above but it seems to me that what you describe is what my FF 3 is already doing. I just clicked a link on an email Chris Grau sent shortly after yours about Chrome having 2% market share. When I did that FF jumped from virtual desktop number 2 over here to virtual desktop number 1 where my Thunderbird is running. Quite annoying. This is new behavior in FF 3. I haven't changed anything in my window manager.

That *is* different. My FF 2 merely opens a new window in the current workspace, but leaves all other windows wherever they are. I also recall in some cases, it merely opens up a new tab in the most recently used window, but leaves it on whatever Workspace it happens to be. I think this has to do with one of the *many* settings in TabsMix+. I infrequently change some of its settings to see what will happen.

--
Under the united States Constitution, the federal government has no authority to hold states "accountable" for their education performance. In the free society envisioned by the founders, schools are held accountable to parents, not federal bureaucrats.
--Congressman Ron Paul 2001-03-23

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org