I feel that I should provide full disclosure in my response to your question. I
fly out of a 1200 foot grass strip. I have no problem taking off and landing. I
have not flown out of my airfield with my KR2 yet but I have put a lot of
thought into the situation and I believe that the KR2 can be safely flown out
of a 1200 foot strip.?

Touchdown should be at about 70 mph. I plan to have some high quality hydraulic
disc brakes. Touch down at the edge of the field and begin braking. I have a
tail dragger so the fuselage will remain level until the speed is low enough to
drop the tail. A bellyboard or airbrakes could be helpful.?

I am very interested in how things work for you. ?Please keep me informed. ?I'm
at least a few months out before I am ready for taxi testing.?

Joe

at list.krnet.org> </div><div>Date:02/12/2015  2:36 AM  (GMT-06:00)
board </div><div>

I installed both flaps (20" X 12" inboard) as well as a belly board
(clearance 2" hanging 90 degrees down). The idea is to use flaps on approach
and use speed brake after touchdown. I will be testing on a 3,000 feet
strip, but my personal strip is only 1,200 feet, so want to see if I can
land within the 1,200 feet limit employing both systems in the sequence
described above.

Has anyone tested the amount of speed loss per 10 degree implementation of
the belly board in straight and level flight? For example a 10 degree
deployment reduce speed by 10 knots at 1,700 rpm. Also any advise or
comments wellcome, both possitive and negative.

The plane is now extremely close to finally testing and hopefully flightJ

Take care!

Pierre

KR2S (98% compelted)

Wittman Tailwind (80% completed)