I did read the rules, a couple years ago when I signed up.  And I've
reviewed them every so often.  I don't post much because.. well.. you
guys have built big planes.  Mine are all under 7' wingspan.  That
said, reviewing my 19 posts, the majority of them are substantive.
I've made it a point to post well here.

As for why I wasn't always deleting the rest of the thread the answer
should be clear, right here:
http://www.practicalalchemy.org/~nerobro/public/Pictures/Airplanes/Wherestheemailchain.jpg

I didn't see it, otherwise I would have removed it.  It's something I
do regularly.

I don't think you're mean.  I don't think you're out to be a jerk.  I
don't think you think the people on your mailing list are troglodytes.
Though I'm sure it feels like it sometimes.  I was the moderator on a
message board for a couple years, I genuinely feel your pain.  Through
some consistent work, I was able to eventually get the community
mostly self policing.

Your own little blow up violated rule 11.  "11) Try not to take things
personally. We're all here to help each other. There are usually
several ways to take comments. Always try to pick the "nicest"
interpretation, rather than trying to read animousity into a post.
It's a lot easier to just ignore a snide comment and let it slide. Try
to avoid "having the last word"."

I don't think it's them ignoring you, I think in the most part, it's
ignorance.  They're not aware they're doing things to trigger you (and
others).  Alternatively, they don't know HOW to do it the way you want
them to.  And they've decided that they want to participate how they
can, versus exactly as you want.  Teaching people what they're doing
wrong is a game, and often takes several kinds of approach.  I offered
my help, as I do that sort of stuff professionally.  You don't need to
take it.  But in the long run, it might keep your blood pressure
lower.  Less stress means more time to work on your crazy birds.

*shrugs*  It's your playground though.  Rule as you see fit.

If you'd like a hand doing things in a more kind way, my offer stands.
If not, that's fine too.   I'll continue my record of posting rare,
substantive posts, and what I hope are intelligent questions.  I'll be
sure to trim the posts too.

-Nero