Ever wanted to seal those gaps on your ailerons or even your rudder and
horizontal stabilizer? Troy Petteway has proven performance can be greatly
enhanced, especially your climb performance, if you close the gaps on the
bottom of your ailerons. This is especially true on the new AS50xx airfoil.
The best material we have found so far to do this with is Mylar strips. The
Mylar has a thickness of .010 (10 mil) and is held on the wing with 3M #444
double sided tape. Here is the dilemma. So far I have only been able to
locate the .010 Mylar in sheets 24" x 48" and the company that sells it has
a $100 minimum. That means at $7.41 per sheet we would have to buy 14
sheets. That is a lot of gap sealing material. Solution: Group buy!!! Is
anyone interested in going in on this with me and Mark Langford? I figure we
could cut the sheets in strips four inches wide and that would give us 84
strips 48" long for a total 336 feet of 4" wide strips. Now there is no way
two of us will ever use that much gap seal material so what do ya say...
anybody else want in on this? If anyone else knows where we can buy this in
lesser quantities or even in 4" wide rolls please speak up. So you ask, what
is your cost? Depends on how many people want in on this. Ten folks, fifteen
bucks each. Twenty people, ten bucks each. This includes shipping cost to
you. You will receive enough Mylar to do your ailerons (four 4" x 48"
strips). Additional strips available at additional cost.  All of the Mylar
that is left over will be donated to the Prop Bank and sold in the future to
those that need it and those proceeds will be deposited in the Prop Bank
funds. You will be responsible for getting your own double sided tape.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI