The Kr will accellerate very quickly with no power added in a shallow  dive.
Speeds @ 200 are easy to achieve.  That is why the KR pattern  will be bigger
or shallower if you dont have a good speed brake or flaps.   A heavy Corvair
KR and a light VW KR will have very similar numbers as far a top  speed and
cruise.  The heavier corvair has a large advantage in climb and  smoothness.
My
KR2S climb and cruise figures are better than my KR2 Turbo  2180 were but not
by much.  The climb is the most drastic improvement ( and  cost) .  I can
also carry more weight and the CG is better.   My  first Kr did not have flaps
or
a speed brake and I had to control speeds much  farther back in the pattern.
 My 2S with belly board I can do 200 on  downwind and touchdown at 65.  Much
easier to control the speeds.  If  your concerned obout slowing down you can
install a very simple belly board  that will help control your speeds.   Hope
this helps.