Historicaly, gap seals have been used in applications where air is getting
through a flying surface from one side of the wing to the other, thus
interupting the boundry layer on that side and causing drag. With your
piano hinges that are on the KR ailerons, I don't think enough air can get
through them to make gap seals very effective.  Bobby